1. President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the sixth edition of International Buddhist Conclave 2018 in New Delhi. The theme of the conclave is ‘Buddha Path – The Living Heritage’.
2. The Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated various projects in Junagadh district, Gujarat. These included the Government Civil Hospital, a milk processing plant and some buildings of the Junagadh Agriculture University.
3. Reliance Industries has become the first company to cross Rs.8 trillion in terms of market capitalization (market cap), becoming the country’s most valued firm.
4. Akshay Kumar has emerged as the seventh highest-paid actor in the world, according to Forbes magazine. The list has been topped by Hollywood star George Clooney.
5. Senior journalist and author Kuldip Nayar has passed away.
6. e-commerce major Flipkart has acquired Liv.ai, an artificial intelligence-led speech recognition start-up, which has built a platform that converts speech to text in 10 Indian languages.
7. India Banking Conclave was held in New Delhi. It organised by Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR) and the government Think Tank NITI Aayog.
8. The Centre on Tuesday unveiled a draft scheme for extending the affordable air travel programme UDAN to international circuits, with state governments identifying the routes for operation.
9. The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to name the upcoming Bundelkhand Expressway as ‘Atal Path’, as a mark of respect to former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajyapee.
10. The Maharashtra government has appointed Bollywood actor Raveena Tandon as the brand ambassador of the city-based Sanjay Gandhi National Park (SGNP).