Chandrayaan 2 sent the first image of Moon
- The ISRO released the first visuals of the moon captured by Chandrayaan-2.
- From a distance of 2,650 km from the lunar surface on 22 August.
- The photograph was taken on 21 August.
- ISRO has identified two landmarks on the Mare Orientale basin, moon, and Apollo crater.
- At a height of about 2650km, the first Moon image was captured.
India opens 137 mountain peaks for tourism
- The Indian Government has opened 137 mountain peaks.
- For foreigners desirous of obtaining Mountaineering Visa.
- These peaks are located in the States of Himachal Pradesh, J&K, Sikkim, and Uttarakhand.
- In New Delhi, they also plan to open up more peaks to foreigners.
- The Ministry advised the States to exercise utmost caution.
US hold talks with Afghan
- On 24th August the United States and the Taliban have resumed negotiations.
- For almost 18 years the U.S. troops have been in Afghanistan.
- The talks resumed in Qatar.
- They earlier announced that both the teams are close to signing a deal.
From December 2019 FASTags will be mandatory for all vehicles
- Nitin Gadkari and MSME launched the new website of his Ministry.
- The new website has a dashboard that gives data.
- In the country the state-wise, month-wise data on registration of vehicles.
APG might blacklist Pakistan
- On 25 August APG might blacklist Pakistan in the meeting that is held in Canberra, Australia.
- Pakistan has already been greylisted by the FATF.
- Under ‘Enhanced Expedited Follow Up’ status APG blacklist Pakistan and place the country.
- Pakistan’s effort to release itself from FATF’s greylist will be at stake.
23rd August 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here