1. International Widows’ Day is observed on 23rd June.
2. The government appointed Arjit Basu as Managing Director of the country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI).
3. SKOCH has conferred the ‘Best performing Social Sector Ministry’ award on the Ministry of Women and Child Development for the achievements in delivering the promises made and for its significant achievements and initiatives from the last 4 years.
4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 3rd Annual Meeting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) on June 26 in Mumbai. The theme for this year’s meeting is “Mobilising Finance for Infrastructure: Innovation and Collaboration”.
5. The 19th All India Conference of Directors of Finger Print Bureaux was held in Hyderabad.
6. French beauty company L’Oreal has appointed Amit Jain as its first Indian MD to helm the company in India.
7. R.K Singh, Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable launched a campaign to promote energy efficiency in the area of air-conditioning.
8. L&T Finance Holdings has opened its 1000th meeting center in Kolkata to facilitate its microloans business.
9. Supreme Court judge Justice Jasti Chelameswar has resigned after a nearly seven-year tenure in the apex court.
10. PS Jayakumar, chief executive of Bank of Baroda (BoB), could become the successor of Axis Bank CEO Shikha Sharma.
11. Abhay V. Udeshi, Director at Jayant Agro Group, has appointed as International Castor Oil Association (ICOA) President.
12. India’s R Praggnanandhaa has become the country’s youngest and the world’s second youngest Grand Master at the age of 12 years, 10 months and 13 days.