Namma Kolhapuri chappal got GI tag
- The controller general of patents, designs, and trademarks.
- They have granted the GI tag.
- Getting the GI tag for Kolhapuri means that footwear produced only.
- Modi to attend G-20 summit in Japan.
- From June 27-29 this summit will be connected.
From June 27-29 Modi will attend the G-20 summit in Osaka, Japan.
- He would be participating in the summit.
- He would hold bilateral and participate in plurilateral meetings.
- They would be announced closer to the date.
- Nearly 90 percent Collectively, the G-20 economies account.
From China-led lender Sri Lanka in talks for $1 billion loan
- Sri Lanka with Beijing-backed Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
- To help an economy that has been badly hit.
- They are discussing with the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
- To obtain nearly an additional $1 billion.
- The ministry the bank also approved $280 million.
- There are projects worth around $271 million.
Centre holds pre-Budget consultations with state Finance Ministers
- Nirmala Sitharaman chaired her first GST Council meeting.
- Under the Modi 2.0, government Sitharaman replaced Arun Jaitley as a new FM.
- The Speculations were rife that the Council in its 35th meeting.
- The new FM would consider slashing GST on electric vehicles.
- The Council did not reduce the tax rate matter.
- In Kerala Indias first, solar cruise vessel will debut
India’s first solar-powered ferry in 2016.
- Kerala is gearing up for the launch of the country’s premier solar-powered cruise boat.
- The initiative comes from the SWTD.
- The ₹3-crore cruise boat can carry 100 passengers.
23rd June 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here