1. The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has appointed former Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice S J Vazifdar as head of a three-member committee to decide mining company Vedanta’s plea challenging closure of its Sterlite copper plant at Tuticorin.
2. A new European satellite named ‘Aeolus’ using advanced laser technology to track global winds and improve weather forecasts has been successfully put into orbit on a Vega rocket from French Guyana.
3. The World Bank has launched bond-i (blockchain operated new debt instrument), the first bond on a blockchain with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
4. The Indian economy is expected to grow by about 7.5% in 2018 and 2019, according to Moody’s Investors Service.
5. Ujjivan Small Finance Bank, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ujjivan Financial Services Ltd, has launched overdraft (OD) facility for micro and small enterprise (MSE) customers.
6.NITI Aayog released five thematic reports on Sustainable Development in Indian Himalayan Region. It was released by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Dr Rajiv Kumar, CEO Amitabh Kant and member Dr V K Saraswat in New Delhi.
7. Scott Morrison was sworn in as Australia’s seventh Prime Minister.
8. Top seeds Rohan Bopanna and Divij Sharan notched up their maiden men’s tennis doubles gold medal at the Asian Games in Palembang, Indonesia.
9. The team comprising Sawarn Singh, Dattu Bhokanal, Om Prakash and Sukhmeet Singh clocked 6:17.13 to win the gold medal in men’s quadruple sculls in Palembang, Indonesia.
10. The international water colour festival was held in Ranchi,Jharkhand.
11. Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje launched India’s largest business incubator – the Bhamashah Techno Hub in Jaipur.
12. Veteran India seamer Jhulan Goswami has retired from T20 International cricket.