1. The first meeting of the India-Bangladesh Joint Committee on Border Haats was held in Agartala, Tripura.
2. The government has set up a high-level committee headed by Union Home Secretary Rajiv Gauba to suggest measures and legal framework to effectively deal with incidents of mob violence and lynching.
3. Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari launched development projects worth over Rs.5400 crore in Guna district of Madhya Pradesh.
4. The government has reduced the minimum annual deposit requirement for accounts under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana to Rs.250 from Rs.1,000 earlier.
5. Chinese President Xi Jinping has offered Sri Lanka a fresh grant of 2 billion yuan (USD 295 million) to expand its influence in the tiny island country.
6. Pakistan got its first-ever woman chief justice of a high court. Justice Tahira Safdar was named as the Chief Justice of the Balochistan High Court by Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar.
7. Banks and financial institutions, including SBI, PNB, and LIC entered into an overarching inter-creditor agreement (ICA) to fast-track resolution of stressed assets of Rs.50 crore or more which are under consortium lending.
8. Space X successfully launched communications satellite ‘Telstar 19 VANTAGE’ to a Geostationary Transfer Orbit (GTO). It has set a record as the satellite launch is marked by the heaviest payload that a Falcon 9 has ever carried to a GTO.
9. According to the revised rates, Olympic and Para Olympic medallists will get a sum of Rs.20,000 per month each, while gold medallists at World Cups and World Championships in Olympic and Asian Games disciplines will receive Rs 16,000 per month.
10. Lewis Hamilton has won the German Grand Prix.
11. The Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee officially presented its Olympic mascots ‘Miraitowa’ and ‘Society’ at a massive event in Tokyo.
12. Sprinter Hima Das has become the first Indian woman to win gold in the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) World U-20 Athletic Championships.
13.All India Football Federation (AIFF) 2017 awards
- Player of the Year: Sunil Chhetri
- Woman Footballer of the Year: Kamala Devi
- Emerging Player of the Year: Anirudh Thapa
- Emerging Woman Footballer of the Year: E Panthoi
- Best Grassroots Development Programme: Kerala FA
- Long-time contribution to Indian Football: Hero Motocorp
- Best Assistant Referee: Sumanta Datta (Assam)
- Best Referee: CR Srikrishna.