1. The United Nations Day is celebrated on 24th October.
2. World Development Information Day is observed on 24th October.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been conferred with the Seoul Peace Prize for 2018 for his contribution to international cooperation and fostering global economic growth.
4. The Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a portal ‘Main Nahin Hum’, which will enable IT professionals to bring their efforts towards social causes and service to society on one single platform.
5. State-owned Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) has won an additional $777 million contract to supply LRSAM air and missile defence systems to seven ships in the Indian navy.
6. The first trilateral meeting between India, Afghanistan and Iran of the Coordination Council of the Chabahar Agreement took place in Tehran.
7. The eleventh session of India–Czech Republic Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation (JCEC) was held at Prague.
8.M Nageswar Rao has been appointed as the interim director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
9. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) lifted its ban on adding new customers for Fino Payments Bank.
10. The 2018 UN Day Concert was held in the General Assembly Hall at United Nations Headquarters in New York. The theme of this year’s concert is “Traditions of Peace and Non-violence”.
11. Haryana Government has decided to introduce “Pashu Sanjeevni Sewa” in the State under which free of cost quality veterinary services and health care facilities for the livestock would be made available at the doorstep of livestock farmers through Mobile Veterinary Clinics.
12. India’s legend cricketer and UNICEF Ambassador for South Asia, Sachin Tendulkar gave away prizes to the winners of South Asia Regional WASH innovation in Thimphu, Bhutan.
13. National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) has got permission from market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) to launch copper large futures contract with a trading unit 25 metric ton (MT).
14. Tezpur University professor Ashish Mukherjee has been awarded the prestigious “Indian National Science Academy (INSA) Teachers Award (2018)” for his consistent and high-level of teaching, and inspiring and mentoring students to take up careers in Science and Technology.
15. The Central government has notified the appointment of Justice Govind Mathur as Acting Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court.
16. Virat Kohli became the fastest batsman to reach 10,000 runs in one-day internationals.