1. Indian Constitution Day is celebrated on 26th November.
2. National Milk Day is observed on 26th November.
3. The United Nations has selected Uttar Pradesh’s Noida and Greater Noida to participate in its Global Sustainable Cities 2025 initiative. The twin-cities in Gautam Buddh Nagar district, adjoining the national capital, have been selected in the “University City” category ahead of Mumbai and Bengaluru as the only invitee from India.
4. The government will infuse Rs.42,000 crore in state-owned banks by March-end, and the next tranche would be released as early as next month.
5. The 4th edition of annual “Aadi Mahotsav”, a National Tribal Festival organized by Ministry of Tribal Affairs in association with TRIFED and Ministry of Culture in Delhi.
6. Pharma major Lupin announced the launch of a chatbot named ‘ANYA’ specially designed to provide medically verified information for health-related queries.
7. Veteran writer Salim Khan will be honoured with the IFFI special award for his lifetime contribution to Indian cinema.
8. The International Film Festival of India (IFFI) has nominated 12 movies for this year’s International Council for Film, Television and Audio-visual Communication (ICFT) UNESCO Gandhi Medal.
9. The first-ever India Russia Strategic Economic Dialogue was held at St. Petersburg in Russia.
10. Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu laid the foundation stone for the construction of the Kartarpur corridor which will link India’s border district of Gurdaspur with Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Pakistan.
11. Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba will begin a four-day visit to Russia, with an aim to explore new avenues for the already close defence ties between the two countries
12. Manu Baker of Haryana won a double gold in junior sports pistol while Ravi Kumar and Rahi Sarnobat were crowned national champions in the men and women’s events respectively at National Shooting Championship.
13. India’s Bhavani Devi won the gold medal in the Sabre event in the Senior Commonwealth Fencing Championship 2018 held in Canberra, Australia.
14. India’s batting star Harmanpreet Kaur was named captain of the ICC Women’s World Twenty20 XI, which also featured opener Smriti Mandhana and leg-spinner Poonam Yadav
15.Syed Modi International Championships (Badminton)
Men’s Singles : Sameer Verma
Women’s Singles : Han Yue (Runner : Saina Nehwal)
Men’s Doubles : Fajar Alfian / Muhammad Rian Ardianto
Women’s Doubles : Chow Mei Kuan / Lee Meng Yean
Mixed Doubles: Ou Xuanyi / Feng Xueying
16. Australia have won their fourth Women’s World Twenty20 championship by defeating England.
17. Former Union railway minister CK Jaffer Sharief has passed away.