1. India and Singapore signed the “Second Protocol” amending the Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (CECA) to boost trade ties between the two countries.
2. Prasar Bharati and Mizzima Media Group of Myanmar signed a MoU to realize cooperation and collaboration in broadcasting and content sharing.
3. Former President Pranab Mukherjee launched ‘Neta App’, a technology platform that allows voters to rate their political representatives. It would help “fostering political accountability by being an early indicator of how a leader’s performance is being perceived by the voters”.
4. Exercise Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Peace Mission 2018, the latest in ‘Peace Mission’ series formally started at Chebarkul, Russia.
5. Industry chamber ASSOCHAM appointed former bureaucrat Uday Kumar Varma as its new Secretary General. He succeeds DS Rawat.
6. The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has approved procurement for the Services amounting to approximately Rs.46,000 crore.
7. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced that Japan will be the ‘country partner’ for the ‘Make in Odisha Conclave’ in November.
8. Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA), the emirate’s sovereign wealth fund, has appointed Kabir Mathur as the head of its India operations.
9. The Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) has given recognition to India’s indigenous sport of Kho-Kho.