NPCI ties up with JCB for global RuPay card
- NPCI and JCB International, along with domestic banks started RuPay JCB Global Cards.
- The Banks including SBI, Union Bank, Axis Bank, Punjab National Bank, Andhra Bank, Bank of India, TJSB Bank and City Union Bank issue these cards.
- These cards will be accepted in India.
- NPCI tied up with Discover for international cards.
- They started its card business in 1961
- They reached globally in 1981
RBI names Kanungo to run monetary policy portfolio
- The RBI assigned Deputy Governor BP Kanungo.
- After the resignation to run the monetary policy portfolio.
- Kanungo, who will retain his currency management portfolio.
- It becomes the sixth member of the MPC.
Inter-Ministerial Committee on Virtual Currencies submits Report
- Inter-Ministerial Committee on Virtual Currencies submits Report.
- He has submitted its report to the government.
- The committee set up by Centre.
- He also proposed a draft bill.
New India-UK bilateral scheme launched on Pilot basis
- New India-UK bilateral scheme launched on Pilot.
- The UKEIRI Mobility Programme launched on a pilot basis.
- With Indian partners to support Britain’s universities to collaborate.
- UKERI stands for ‘UK-India Education Research Initiative’.
Plastic-like Jute material developed in Bangladesh
- Scientists in Bangladesh developed a method to convert Jute.
- The fiber into low-cost biodegradable cellulose sheets named Sonali.
- It is used to wrap material along with a carry bag.
- Mubarak Ahmad Khan BJMC developed the new ‘sonali’.
25th July 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here