25th May 2018 Current Affairs – GK Today
1. The Netherlands has become the 64th signatory member of the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
2. Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar launched Samagra Shiksha scheme for school education.
3. CSC SPV and Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) signed an MoU for providing financial support to CSCs across the country in the auspicious presence of Minister of Electronics & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad.
4. The third Mission Innovation Ministerial Meeting was held at Malmo, Sweden.
5. The 5th India-CLMV Business Conclave was held at Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
6. Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) has been awarded the Clarivate Analytics India Innovation Award 2018 in the Government Research Organizations Category. This award yet again recognizes CSIR as the top innovator.
7. India’s Tejaswini Sawant has won gold medal in the 50m rifle prone event in the Grand Prix in Munich.
8. The Standing Committee of the Inter-State Council (ISC) headed by the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh held a meeting in New Delhi.
9. Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated Incubation Centre and Food Testing Laboratory at National Institute of Food Entrepreneurship and Management(NIFTEM) in Sonipat, Haryana.
10. The Ministry of Culture organised the 9th edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ in Tehri, Uttarakhand.
11. Senior bureaucrat Sushil Chandra was given one-year extension as the chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).