1. The National Mission on Government e Marketplace (GeM), was launched by the Minister of Commerce and Industry, Suresh Prabhu, on 5th of September 2018. This was followed by the launch of the Mission in 19 States and Union Territories. GeM has recorded till date more than 8 lakh transactions worth over a Rs.12,239 crore.
2. The Supreme Court constituted a three-member committee headed by its former judge Justice Amitava Roy to look into the aspect of jail reforms across the country and suggest measures to deal with them.
3. Union Minister for Science and Technology and Earth Sciences and Environment, Forest and Climate change, Harsh Vardhan inaugurated air pollution control device WAYU(Wind Augmentation PurifYing Unit) for traffic junctions at the ITO intersection and at Mukarba Chowk in Delhi.
4. Technology giant Google has appointed its privacy lawyer, Keith Enright, as Chief Privacy Officer as the company proposed policies for potential federal regulation of data.
5. Luka Modric (Croatia) has been named the FIFA men’s footballer of the year at a ceremony in London, with Brazil’s Marta crowned the world’s best female player.
6. The fourth edition of India International Science Festival (IISF) will be inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind in Lucknow on October 6.
7. India and China will sign an internal security cooperation agreement during the forthcoming visit of China’s Minister of Public Security, marking a new beginning in bilateral relations.
8. National Geophysical Research Institute Monday signed a MoU with Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research, Department of Atomic Energy, for high resolution heliborne geophysical imaging of earth’s shallow subsurface for uranium exploration in India.
9. Facebook has appointed Ajit Mohan as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India.