1. India’s first biofuel-powered flight landed at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi.
2. Indian cities are going through explosive motorization phase and according to the statistics from 14 cities across the country analyzed by Center for Science and Environment overall emissions and energy consumption is least in Bhopal. Kolkata is also among the top few cities of the clean transportation.
3. “Atal Ji Ne Kaha” is the latest of the books on former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee launched by P.M. Modi. The book has been authored and compiled by Brijendra Rehi, noted Doordarshan producer, senior journalist.
4. The fourth Asian electoral stakeholders forum (AESF-IV) begun in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The theme is ‘Advancing Election Transparency and Integrity: Promoting and Defending Democracy Together’.
5. External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj embarked on a four-day tour of Vietnam and Cambodia with an aim to deepen India’s strategic cooperation with the two key nations in the ASEAN region.
6. The 8th meeting of India-Kenya Joint Trade Committee was held in Nairobi, Kenya. The meeting was co-chaired by Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu and Mr. Peter Munya, Cabinet Secretary (Minister) for Industry, Trade and Cooperatives, Government of Kenya.
7. Reliance Power announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary Reliance Power Netherlands BV has won an international arbitration award of $56 million (Rs.390 crore) against Prestige Capital Holdings (a Seychelles-based company) and Kokos Jiang.
8. A Central government report has ranked Punjab National Bank (PNB) as the best PSU bank in the overall digital transactions category in India.
9. PepsiCo’s India-born CEO Indra Nooyi will be honoured with the “Game Changer of the Year award” by a global cultural organisation in recognition of her business achievements, humanitarian record and advocacy for women and girls around the world.
10. Renowned aerospace scientist G Satheesh Reddy has been appointed as the Chairman of the Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO). He is also appointed as Secretary in the Department of Defence Research and Development (DDR&D).
11. The Government of Uttar Pradesh will organise a three day Krishi Kumbh International Conference and Exhibition in Lucknow in October, this year.
12. The U-20 Japan Women’s National Team won against the U-20 Spain Women’s National Team at the final of the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup France 2018.
13. India’s Tejinderpal Singh Toor set a new record to clinch the gold medal in the men’s shot put event at the 18th Asian Games in Jakarta, Indonesia. He hurled the iron ball a distance of 20.75 metres to smash the previous Games record.
14. India’s Muhammed Anas and Hima Das claimed the silver medals in the men’s and women’s 400m races respectively, whereas Dutee Chand clinched the silver medal in the women’s 100 metre final at the 18th Asian Games in Jakarta.
15.US Senator John McCain, a celebrated war hero known for reaching across the aisle in an increasingly divided America, has passed away.