1. India celebrated the 19th anniversary of Kargil Vijay Diwas on 26th July.
2. Kerala Tourism Minister Kadakampally Surendran launched the work on India’s first public sector hotel named ‘Hostess’ run entirely by women for women in Thiruvananthapuram.
3.R Ramanan, Mission Director, Atal Innovation Mission and Arvind Gupta CEO, MyGov launched the “#InnovateIndia Platform”, a collaboration between the Atal Innovation Mission and MyGov, a citizen-centric platform of the Government of India.
4. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the ambitious ‘Green Mahanadi Mission’ aimed at protecting the natural flow of Mahanadi River, the lifeline of the state.
5. Thaawarchand Gehlot, Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment attended the Global Disability Summit held in London.
6. Mobile tower arm of telecom major Bharti Airtel, Infratel has received clearance from stock exchanges for its merger with Indus Towers.
7. Insurance regulator IRDAI has constituted a 16-member committee to examine motor third party insurance pricing aspects and make recommendations on the premium rates for 2019-20. P.J. Joseph as the chairman of the committee.
8. Renowned historian and author of several bestselling books, including the highly acclaimed “India After Gandhi” and “Gandhi Before India”, Ramachandra Guha has penned a new book on the father of the nation.
9. The Delhi Cabinet approved a scheme ‘Mukhyanmantri Kissan Aaye Badhotri Solar Yojna’ under which farmers in the national capital can lease out part of their agricultural land for setting up solar panels for additional income
10. Veteran sports journalist Swapan Sarkar has passed away.