1. The International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is observed on 26th June. This year theme is ‘Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe’.
2. India and Bangladesh have agreed to institute a Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) as an annual feature between the two Navies. The first edition inaugurated by Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba.
3. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, signed a MoU with Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) to scale up the short term healthcare courses through its available robust platform.
4. Power distribution company BYPL has signed an MoU with Business Finland, a Finnish government agency, for collaborative activities in different areas, including energy efficiency and electric vehicles.
5. Pallavi Durua was crowned as the first Tribal Queen at the Adi Rani Kalinga Tribal Queen competition held at Utkal Mandap.
6. India is the world’s most dangerous country for women due to the high risk of sexual violence and being forced into slave labour, a survey of global experts by the Thomson Reuters Foundation survey has revealed.
7. Actor Kalki Koechlin will be conferred with the French distinction of Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters (Chevalier dans l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres), for her contribution in enhancing Indo-French ties in cinema.
8. London is the most desirable city in the world for overseas workers, according to the latest study by the Boston Consulting Group and totaljobs.com.
9. The 15th India-Australia Joint Ministerial Commission (JMC) was held in Canberra, Australia. The meeting was jointly chaired by Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu and Australian Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment Steven Ciobo.
10. Sumadhura Group, one of South India’s leading realty majors, has roped MS Dhoni as its first brand ambassador to represent the brand in all their national campaigns.
11. Lewis Hamilton has won the French Grand Prix Formula one championship.