1. The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi addressed the Krishi Kumbh in Lucknow, via video conference.
2. Unnayan Banka, a mobile-based learning initiative, has received “Innovation Incubation” award by the Commonwealth Association for Public Administration and Management (CAPAM).
3. India and Bangladesh have signed several agreements for enhancing inland and coastal waterways connectivity for trade and cruise movements.
4. The 2018 Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought has been awarded to imprisoned Ukrainian film director Oleg Sentsov.
5. Ethiopia’s Parliament has approved the East African country’s first female president, Sahle-Work Zewde, a veteran of the United Nations and the diplomatic corps.
6. The Kaiga Generating Station (Unit-1) has created a world record for the longest uninterrupted operation of units having pressurised heavy water reactors (PHWRs).
7. India will be the third largest aviation market globally a year sooner than was earlier predicted, according to the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
8. The second Global Conference on Primary Health Care inaugurated in Astana, Kazakhstan. The conference is a collective initiative of Government of Kazakhstan, WHO and UNICEF. The theme of the conference is “The future of Primary Health Care”.
9. ICGS Varuna, an indigenously-designed training vessel built by Reliance Naval and Engineering Limited for the Indian Coast Guard.
10. The Punjab government has signed four MoUs with Israeli institutions to address issues of farmers and depleting groundwater level in the state.
11. Russia has successfully launched an unmanned Soyuz rocket, the first such liftoff since an aborted launch of a similar rocket earlier this month.
12. Pooja Dhanda became the first woman wrestler to win a medal at the World Championship as she won a bronze medal