1. Vice president M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated Smart City Expo India-2018 in Jaipur.
2. The Cabinet has approved the National Digital Communication Policy 2018 which aims to provide universal broadband connectivity at 50 megabit per second (MBPS) to every citizen.
3. Department of Financial Services (DFS), Ministry of Finance and National Informatics Centre (NIC) has jointly developed a mobile app called ‘Jan Dhan Darshak’ as a part of financial inclusion (FI) initiative.
4. India and Morocco resolved to deepen their defense and security cooperation and inked two agreements providing for collaboration in cybersecurity and use of outer space.
5. The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) landed a pair of rovers on an asteroid, marking the world’s first moving, robotic observation of an asteroid surface.
6. India ranks 158th in the world for its investments in education and healthcare, according to the first-ever scientific study ranking countries for their levels of human capital, topped by Finland.
7. Mukesh Ambani, chairman, Reliance Industries Ltd, topped the ‘Barclays Hurun India Rich List 2018’ with a total net worth of Rs.3.71 trillion. This is the seventh consecutive year that Ambani has topped the rich list.
8. Microsoft, Adobe Systems and SAP have formed an alliance to offer clients using their applications a unified view of data on their respective end-customers.
9. Asian Development Bank (ADB) will provide a USD 500 million loan to build climate resilient infrastructure in several cities of Tamil Nadu.
10. ‘Dialogue of Cultures’, a unique month-long exhibition of Eastern Uzbek manuscripts from the Middle Ages, was inaugurated at the National Museum, New Delhi, to celebrate the shared legacy and culture of India and Uzbekistan.
11. The 2nd Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Renewable Energy Ministerial Meeting and the 2nd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo, (REINVEST- 2018) will be held in New Delhi in October.