27th & 28th May 2018 Current Affairs – GK Today
1. The Telangana government decided to provide insurance cover of Rs.5 lakh to farmers in the state.
2. Japan women beat finalists Thailand 3-0 to win the Uber Cup in Bangkok.
3. Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED) was elected 11th Board of Directors was reconstituted and the Office Bearers were elected unanimously. Shri Ramesh Chand Meena was elected as the Chairperson and Smt. Pratibha Brahma was elected as the Vice Chairperson of TRIFED.
4. Sangeeta Bahl, a 53-year-old former model and entrepreneur from Jammu and Kashmir, has become the oldest Indian woman to conquer Mount Everest.
5. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and UN Environment have signed an agreement to promote ‘green’ cricket in India.
6. Akshay Kumar launched an advertisement campaign for the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) in Delhi.
7. The first edition of the Global Wind Summit will be held in Hamburg, Germany from September 25-28, 2018.
8. Pakistan’s former chief justice Nasir ul Mulk was named as the caretaker prime minister until general elections on July 25.
9. Chennai Super Kings defeated SunRisers Hyderabad to clinch their third Indian Premier League (IPL) title.
10. Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched the week-long ‘Polythene Hatao Paryavaran Bachao’ campaign.
11. The Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Tourism, K. J. Alphons along with a delegation of senior officials attended the 108th session of UNWTO Executive Council, held in San Sebastian, Spain.
12. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) is teaming up with state-run Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) to send extreme weather warnings to people.
13. Sudha Balakrishnan has been appointed the first ever Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
14. Former US astronaut Alan Bean, who was the fourth man to walk on the Moon has passed away.
15. Veteran Telugu actor ‘Red star’ Madala Ranga Rao has passed away.