1. The 6th India-UK Science &Innovation Council (SIC) Meeting was held in New Delhi.
2. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the Rs.300 crore Rukura Medium Irrigation Dam project in Sundargarh district.
3. Karnataka has emerged the leading State for renewable energy in India this year, pipping Tamil Nadu, according to a new report by the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA).
4.HCL Technologies Ltd surpassed Wipro Ltd to become India’s third-biggest software services provider in the three months.
5. Four persons of India-origin, including three women, have been named by Fortune among 40 of the most influential and inspiring young people in business under the age of 40, topped by Instagram Cofounder and CEO Kevin Systrom and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg. Four Indians are Dhivya Suryadevara – CFO General Motors, Vimeo CEO Anjali Sud, Cofounder and Co-CEO of Robinhood Baiju Bhatt (24) and Female Founders Fund founding partner Anu Duggal.
6. The second edition of the Chennai Photo Biennale (CPB), the international festival of photography, will be held from February 22 to March 24, 2019.
7. Vice-President M. Venkaiah Naidu has been appointed Chancellor of the Pondicherry Central University.
8. Two Indians are among this year’s list of Ramon Magsaysay awardees, which is famously considered an Asian version of the Nobel Prize. The two Indians are Dr. Bharat Vatwani and Sonam Wangchuk.
9. The 2nd Young Superintendent of Police Conference was held in New Delhi. The theme of the two day conference was “Predictive Policing and Contemporary Challenges for Indian Police Forces”.
10. The third edition of Kabira festival will be held in Varanasi on November 16.