1. The President of India Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the Udyam Sangam-2018 in New Delhi on International MSME Day 2018.
2. Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Jitendra Singh said the Centre has released Rs.340 crore to Assam for handling flood-related issues, including relief, rehabilitation, and repair works of damaged infrastructure.
3. The 222nd meeting of the Central Board of Trustees, EPF was held under the chairmanship of Union Minister of State for Labour & Employment (Independent Charge) Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar at New Delhi.
4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved a proposal to set up a committee to lay down standards for metro rail systems in the country, the committee will be headed by E Sreedharan.
5. The Maharashtra government has set up a committee to study issues related to the development of a 1,000-MW floating solar power plant at Ujani dam in Solapur district. Director (Commercial) of Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd (MSEDCL), Satish Chavan, has been appointed as the head of the committee.
6.The world’s largest multilateral naval exercise Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) begun off Hawaii in the Western Pacific Ocean.
7. Lawrence Haddad, who is a British economist and food policy researcher, and Dr. David Nabarro, who has worked with the World Health Organization and United Nations on health and hunger issues were named 2018 World Food Prize recipients.
8. Senior bureaucrat S Ramesh has been appointed as chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
9. 16-old Indian shooter Saurabh Chaudhary sets a new world record on the way to winning a gold medal in the ISSF Junior World Cup in Suhl, Germany.
10. The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)’s Fourth Annual Meeting will be held in Luxembourg in July 2019.
11. The United Arab of Emirates (UAE) will host a two-day “World Tolerance Summit” in November, With its theme, “Prospering From Pluralism: Embracing Diversity through Innovation and Collaboration”.