1. 9th Indian Organ Donation Day was organized by the National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO) in Delhi on 27th November.
2. The National Festival for Children of Child Care Institutions (CCIs) “Hausla 2018” was inaugurated by Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD), Secretary Rakesh Srivastava in New Delhi. The theme for the event is “Child Safety”.
3. The Reserve Bank has relaxed norms for external commercial borrowings (ECBs) by reducing the mandatory hedging provision to 70% from the current 100%.
4. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj held wide-ranging talks with Romanian Foreign Minister Teodor Melescanu to strengthen ties between the two countries during his four-day visit to India.
5. India and China have amended the bilateral tax treaty which will help prevent tax evasion by allowing exchange of information.
6. ISRO is all set to launch its workhorse rocket PSLV-C43 carrying India’s earth observation satellite Hyperspectral Imaging Satellite (HySIS) and 30 co-passenger satellites, including 23 from the US, from Sriharikota on November 29.
7. The Centre and Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed a 200 million dollar loan agreement to finance widening and upgrading of about 230 Kilometers State Highways in Bihar to all-weather standards with road safety features.
8. Gujarat has emerged as the top performer of the Centre’s ambitious health financing scheme ‘Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana’ (AB-PM JAY).
9. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched a public bicycle sharing project and a mobile app named ‘Mo Cycle’.
10. Union Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju inaugurated the 14th Formation Day of the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) in New Delhi.
11. IT czar and philanthropist Azim Premji will be conferred Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur (Knight of the Legion of Honour), the highest French civilian distinction.
12. Professor Punyasloke Bhaduri of the Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata, was awarded the prestigious Swarnajayanti Fellowship by the central government for 2017-18.
13. Sunil Arora has been appointed as the next chief election commissioner of India.
14. Varsha Varman, representing Madhya Pradesh, won the women’s trap gold at the ongoing 62nd national championship for shotgun events.