1. World Day for Audiovisual Heritage is celebrated on 27th October, This year theme is “Your Story is Moving”.
2. Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi inaugurated the 5th edition of Women of India National Organic Fest 2018 in New Delhi.
3. The 22nd National Level Meeting between India and Myanmar was held in New Delhi. The Indian delegation was led by Rajiv Gauba, Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India and the Myanmar delegation was led by Major General Aung Thu, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
4. The second edition of the Guwahati International Film Festival (GIFF 2018) began in Assam, With the theme ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’, the focus of the GIFF 2018 is the ASEAN region.
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached Tokyo on a three-day tour to attend the 13th Annual India-Japan Bilateral Summit.
6. Former Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa was sworn in as the new Prime Minister of the country at the Presidential Secretariat in Colombo.
7. Pakistan’s iconic human rights activist and lawyer Asma Jahangir was posthumously awarded the 2018 UN Human Rights Prize.
8. India will host the 24th edition of Technology Summit with Italy as the partner country.
9. Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) has received the prestigious ‘Top Challengers Award 2018’ for the excellent performance during financial year 2017-18 and Best Seller in Crawler Equipment – Dozers and Rigid Dump Truck segment for mining sectors.
10. The World Bank has approved $425 million to improve road connections in Bangladesh through building, maintaining and improving rural bridges in a programme that will benefit two thirds of the country’s people.
11. Renowned agricultural scientist and the chief architect of the green revolution in India, MS Swaminathan, was awarded the first World Agriculture Prize for his contributions to Indian agriculture by Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu.
12. Roopam Sharma, a 23-year old Indian scientist, won the World Health Summit Startup award, 2018 for his invention, Manovue – the world’s first intelligent personal assisting system for the visually impaired.
13. India’s Sourav Kothari defeated Peter Gilchrist of Singapore to clinch the 2018 WBL World Billiards Championship title.