1. World Tourism Day is observed on 27th September. This year theme is “Tourism and the Digital Transformation”.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of an agreement between NITI Aayog and Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation (MEDRF) in the field of social, economic, industrial and regional development programme.
3. Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and her Omani counterpart Sayyid Badr Saud Harib Al Busaidi held wide-ranging talks and agreed to enhance cooperation in maritime security and defence industry engagement.
4. Astra, the indigenously developed Beyond Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile (BVRAAM), was successfully test-fired by the Indian Air Force from Su-30 aircraft, from Air Force Station, Kalaikunda.
5. Argentina has received $57.1billion, the biggest loan package ever from the International Monetary Fund, aimed at shoring up the country’s ailing finances.
6. The central government on Wednesday approved financial assistance worth Rs.825 crore for relining of Sirhind and Rajasthan feeder canals to prevent flooding in Muktsar, Faridkot, and Ferozepur in Punjab.
7. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been awarded with the UN’s highest environmental honor, also given to five other individuals and organizations, for his leadership of the International Solar Alliance and pledge to eliminate single-use plastic by 2022.
8.BSE has received regulatory approval from the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to launch delivery-based futures contract in gold (1 kg) and silver (30 kg). The exchange will launch trading in these contracts on October 1.
9. Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru, has retained its position in Times Higher Education’s (THE) world university rankings 2019 as the highest-ranked centre in the country. Oxford continues to hold the first place, Cambridge second, and Stanford third.
10. The 8th Asian Yoga Sports Championship organised by Asian Yoga Federation began in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.