1. The Vigilance Awareness Week is observed across the country from 29th October to promote probity in public life and achieve a corruption-free society. The theme of the week this year is ‘Eradicate Corruption – Build A New India’.
2. Chief minister Vijay Rupani and Union minister for food processing industries Harsimrat Kaur inaugurated Gujarat’s first Food Agro Infrastructure Mega Food Park at Shahu village in Mangrol taluka of Surat district.
3. The British Council and Arunachal Pradesh Government have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to strengthen educational and cultural cooperation, to support the knowledge ambitions and economic growth of Arunachal Pradesh.
4. Country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) and payments solution provider Hitachi Payment Services India entered into an agreement to form a joint venture for establishing a card acceptance and digital payment platform.
5. Clara Sosa of Paraguay was crowned Miss Grand International 2018 at the 6th edition of the prestigious pageant held at Myanmar.
6. The government has appointed Indian Revenue Service officer Sanjay Kumar Mishra as Enforcement Directorate (ED) chief.
7. India has donated three lakh Dollars for a peacekeeping initiative at the UN.
8. Michael D Higgins has been re-elected as president of Ireland.
9. Justice Ajjikuttira Somaiah Bopanna was sworn in as the new Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court.
10. Far-right candidate Jair Bolsonaro won Brazil’s presidential elections.
11. World number one Simona Halep has become the first recipient of the Chris Evert Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) World No.1 Trophy.
12. Indian table tennis player Ayhika Mukherjee has won a silver medal in the under-21 women’s singles category of the ITTF Challenge Belgium Open.
13. Indian and Pakistan were declared as the joint winners of the 5th Men’s Hero Asian Champions Trophy Muscat 2018 hockey tournament.
14. Indian golfer Khalin Joshi clinched his maiden Asian Tour title, claiming the Panasonic Open India at the Delhi Golf Club.
15. Former chief minister of Delhi Madan Lal Khurana has passed away.