1. India’s first Indian human mission ‘Gaganyaan’ will be launched by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) by 2022.
2. Union Water Resources Minister Nitin Gadkari signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with six states for the construction of the Lakhwar multi-purpose project in the upper Yamuna basin to deal with the water crisis.
3. A MoU was signed between the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and National Health Agency (NHA), to provide capacity building for Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(PMJAY) to ensure effective rollout and continued quality implementation.
4. In a bid to increase its market share in India’s payments market, Google has rebranded its payments app ‘Google Tez’ into ‘Google Pay’.
5. DBS Bank has been named the world’s best bank by Global Finance magazine. DBS is the first Asian bank to receive the accolade from the New York-based publication.
6. The 2019 Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships will be held in the North Korean capital Pyongyang.
7. Neeraj Chopra became the first Indian javelin-thrower to win an Asian Games gold medal as he shattered his own national record by clearing a distance of 88.06m in Jakarta.
8. Indian star shuttler PV Sindhu loses in women’s singles finals to World No.1 Tai Tzu-Ying to bag India’s first ever silver in badminton at Asian Games in Jakarta.
9.MGR Centenary Film Studio, the tallest such structure in the country, was inaugurated by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami at Paiyanur.
10. The former India batsman and Bengal captain Gopal Bose have passed away.