MHRD launched the National Digital Library of India
- National Digital Library integrated with UMANG App and users can register through www.ndl.gov.in.
- Through the mobile app also you can register.
- There are more than 3 crore digital resources available.
- NMEICT launched the National Digital Library of India project.
- There are more than 3 crore digital resources available as of now.
- The contents cover almost all major domains.
Indian Bank and Tata AIG General Insurance signed an MoU
- The public sector Indian Bank signed an MoU with Tata AIG General Insurance.
- They offer a variety of general insurance products to its customers.
- In the presence of Ms. Padmaja Chunduru the MoU was signed.
- The partnership will see around 2,900 branches.
In Shatabdi, Tejas Indian Railways to offer a 25 percent discount
- Indian Railways is set to offer up to 25 percent discount on trains.
- As per the senior official, they have a discount on Shatabdi Express, Tejas and Gatimaan Express.
- From low-cost airlines, the move is a result of the stiff competition which is faced by the Indian railways.
- Indian Railways will be announcing up to 25 percent discount.
In India Modi Government Schemes to Promote Sports
- On August 2019 India will observe the National Sports Day 2019.
- Across all-state in India to spread awareness about the importance of sports.
- President will give National Sports Awards, National Adventure Awards, and other awards.
China and Pakistan began joint exercise Shaheen-VIII near Ladakh
- China and Pakistan began joint exercise Labelled ‘Shaheen-VIII’.
- They close to the Indian border of around 300 km north of J&k, Ladakh.
- This is the 8th such exercise undertaken by two countries.
- The participation of Chinese J10 & J-11 and Pakistani JF-17s planes.
28th August 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here