1. The Union government unveiled the draft of a bill to replace higher education regulator University Grants Commission (UGC) with a Higher Education Commission.
2. The government has decided to set up two more underground crude oil storages in Odisha and Karnataka to increase emergency stockpile cover by 12 days to 22 days.
3. The Ministry of Shipping’s flagship programme for port-led-prosperity ‘Sagarmala’ received the ‘Gold Award’ in infrastructure sector at the recently concluded 52nd Skoch Summit 2018 in New Delhi.
4. Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India organized a day-long Seminar on Technology Partnerships for Steering POSHAN Abhiyaan called ‘TECH-THON’ for POSHAN Abhiyaan – PM’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in New Delhi.
5. The Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank) has extended USD 10 million worth of line of credit (LOC) to Seychelles for healthcare and procurement of goods and projects.
6. Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL) has inked a pact with South Korean firm NANO Co Ltd for design and manufacture of emission control devices for coal-based power plants.
7. Global anti-terror financing watchdog, Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has decided to keep Pakistan on its ‘grey list’.
8. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a two-day ‘Kabir Mahotsav’ at Maghar in Sant Kabir district of Uttar Pradesh, to mark the 500th death anniversary of Kabir Das.
9. India ranked fourth in the list of top 10 target countries for Web Application Attacks as bot-driven abuse and distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks continued to rise from November 2017 till April this year.
10. HCL Technologies has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Wolfsburg-based IT and engineering services provider, H&D International Group.