On 27th June Acharya sworn in as the Governor of Manipur
- Acharya is sworn in as the Governor of Manipur on 27 June.
- They administered the oath of office to Acharya at the Darbar Hall.
- Acharya will discharge the functions of the Governor of Manipur.
- After swearing in Acharya said that the governor is the constitutional head.
BSES launches energy saving app
- BYPL tied up with several private organizations to launch a slew.
- They including a ‘behavioral energy saving app’.
- Also to reduce electricity consumption.
- The app Susthome developed by BYPL and TERI.
- It will track energy consumption patterns.
Oracle launches Crime Mitigation solution for smaller banks
- To tackle fraud Oracle introduced a new tool that will help small & mid-sized banks.
- The Oracle Financial Services Anti Money Laundering Express Edition.
- They designed to detect, investigate, and report suspected money.
- They targeted at smaller banks to comply with regulatory norms.
At the end of 2020, Russia extends Western food embargo
- At the end of 2020 from the west, Vladimir Putin extended Moscow’s ban on food products.
- To continue against sanctions over Ukraine.
- The agreement was signed by Putin.
- The official government website registered ban on meat, dairy and foods items.
Narinder Batra elected as IOC member
- Narinder Batra elected as a member of the International Olympic Committee.
- He secured 58 votes out of 62.
- He has a rare distinction of becoming a member of the IOC.
- He also belongs to the international federation.
- He is heading a National Olympic Committee.
28th June 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here