1. World Rabies Day is celebrated on 28th September.
2. Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad launched Centre of Excellence for Data Analytics (CEDA) in New Delhi.
3. India will sign the United Nations Sustainable Development Framework (UNSDF) for 2018-2022. NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant and United Nations Resident Coordinator in India, Yuri Afanasiev, will sign the Government of India-United Nations Sustainable Development Framework.
4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived at the Jodhpur Military Station to inaugurate ‘Parakram Parv’, an exhibition to commemorate the second anniversary of surgical strikes conducted by the Indian Army against terror camps across the Line of Control in 2016.
5. Moving closer to the constitution of the anti-corruption ombudsman Lokpal, the Centre announced an eight-member search committee, headed by former Supreme Court judge Justice Ranjana Prakash Desai, to recommend names for posts of the Lokpal chairperson and members.
6. The 73rd session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) High-Level Meeting on the Fight to End Tuberculosis was held in New York.
7. The second edition of the Dalmia MTB Arunachal; Hornbill’s Flight International Race 2018 will be held from 14th November to 22nd November 2018 from the Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh to Mechuka.
8. Tourism Minister K J Alphons on Thursday presented National Tourism Awards 2016-17 in New Delhi. The Awards were presented to various segments of the travel and tourism industry.
9. Asian Development Bank (ADB) will provide $150 million loan for establishing the first multi-skills park in central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh.
10. Senior IPS officers Rajni Kant Misra and S S Deswal were appointed director general of the Border Security Force (BSF) and the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) respectively.
11. Noted Marathi author Kavita Mahajan has passed away.