1. International Tiger Day is celebrated on 29th July.
2. World Day against Trafficking in Persons is observed on 30th July. This Year theme is “responding to the trafficking of children and young people”.
3. A two day Unified Commanders’ Conference (UCC) for the year 2018 was started in New Delhi.
4. Union Minister for Agriculture Shri Radha Mohan Singh launched Meghalaya Milk Mission in Shillong. This mission will facilitate in achieving the Centre’s goal of doubling farmer’s income by 2022 through promotion of milk business in the state.
5. India and the UAE signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the India-UAE Artificial Intelligence Bridge in New Delhi.
6. Indian Railways Launched “Mission Satyanishtha” a Program on Ethics in Public Governance, aims at sensitizing all railway employees about the need to adhere to good ethics and to maintain high standards of integrity at work.
7. The National Green Tribunal (NGT) formed a monitoring committee on the cleaning of the Yamuna and directed it to submit an action plan on the issues. A bench, headed by NGT chairperson A.K. Goel.
8. The government has decided to set up a high level empowered committee headed by cabinet secretary P K Sinha and representation from the ministries of railways, finance, power, coal and banks having major exposure to the power sector to revive stressed thermal power projects.
9. Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Dharmendra Pradhan laid the foundation stone of the National Skill Training Institute (NSTI) for Women in Mohali, Punjab.
10. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has been bestowed with INFRA Icon Award in the ‘Global Energy’ category at the mid-day ‘INFRA Icons’.
11. Pradip Choudhury was conferred the Mohun Bagan Ratna 2018 at the annual day of the 129-year-old club in Kolkata. he awardees also include Goalkeeper Shilton Paul will be awarded the Best Footballer for the year 2017-18, Sudip Chatterjee (Best Cricketer), Sourav Das (Best Youth Footballer Player) and a special award to Rahim Ali for his performance in the U-17 World Cup.
12. India’s star wrestlers Bajrang Punia and Pinki won gold medals while Sandeep Tomar had to settle for a silver at the Yasar Dogu International in Istanbul, Turkey. Indian wrestlers bagged 10 medals with women winning seven of those.
13.Ace Indian shuttler Sourabh Verma lifted the Russian Open Badminton trophy at Vladivostok.
14. Prabhat Koli (19) has become the first Asian to swim the English Channel from Jersey (an Island in the UK) to France in cold weather.
15. Punjab based non-profit organisation Patiala Foundation has been accorded “Special Consultative Status” by the United Nations.
16Paytm Payments Bank CEO Renu Satti has stepped down from her position.