1. National Statistics Day is observed on 29th June. This Year theme is ‘Quality Assurance in Official Statistics’.
2. India has pledged USD 5 million in assistance to the UN agency working for the welfare of Palestinian refugees to help bolster its “severe funding crisis” following US’ cut in its annual aid to UNRWA.
3. Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu launched a mobile application ‘ReUnite’ to trace missing and abandoned children in India.
4. Home minister Rajnath Singh has approved institution of ‘Home Minister’s Special Operation Medals’ to honour officers of state police, central paramilitary forces and other security organisations engaged in special operations.
5. The navies of India and Indonesia participated in Passage Exercise (PASSEX). Indian Naval ships INS Shakti and INS Kamorta under the command of Rear Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi, Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet, undertook Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with Indonesian Naval Ship KRI Madidihang (855) on leaving the Port of Makassar, Indonesia.
6. Private sector lender RBL Bank has fully acquired Mumbai-based financial product distribution firm Swadhaar FinServe Pvt Ltd.
7. The US State Department categorised North Korea as one of the “worst human trafficking nations” for the 16th straight year.
8. According to the Cost of Living Survey published by global personnel consultants Mercer, Mumbai continues to be the most expensive city in India to live in for expatriates, ahead of global peers Washington and Melbourne.
9. India sprinter Dutee Chand set a new national record in the women’s 100-meter race when she clocked 11.29 seconds at the 58th National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championships being held at Sarusajai Stadium, Guwahati.
10. Forward Rani Rampal was named as the captain of India’s 18-member squad for the women’s hockey World Cup to be played in London next month.
11.ICICI Bank has appointed retired IAS officer Girish Chandra Chaturvedi as non-executive part-time chairman of the bank with effect from July 1.
12. Bengaluru has claimed the 2nd spot in the list of best locations for launching tech startups, according to research firm SmallBusinessPrices.co.uk. (1st – Boulder city in the US & 2nd – Johannesburg in South Africa).
13. The Kerala Start-up Mission and YES Bank are joining hands to provide a host of corporate and commercial banking services focused on start-ups in the state.
Recent Recruitment Notifications 2019
|Naval Dockyard Recruitment||Apply for 933 Vacancies|
|Kanchipuram Central Cooperative Bank Recruitment||Apply for 238 Vacancies|
|Cotton Corporation of India Limited Recruitment||Apply for 1 Vacancies|
|HP Revenue Department Recruitment||Apply for 1195 Vacancies|
|BITS Pilani Recruitment||Apply for 1 Vacancies|
|AIATSL Recruitment||Apply for 214 Vacancies|