The 29th BASIC Ministers Meeting was held in Beijing
- On 25th-26th October 2019 29th BASIC Ministers’ Meeting on Climate Change was held in Beijing, China.
- The meeting was chaired by H.E. Mr. LI Ganjie.
- In the Ministers’ meeting, Forest and Climate Change, Union Minister for Environment, and I&B Mr. Prakash Javadekar represented India.
Manohar Lal Khattar was sworn in as the CM of Haryana
- On 27 October for a second term, Manohar Lal Khattar was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Haryana.
- He will lead the BJP-JJP government in the state.
- JJP leader Dushyant Chautala took oath as the Deputy Chief Minister of Haryana.
- The oath office was administered by Haryana Governor.
- A total of 57 MLAs joined together to form the government.
World Bank to fund USD 6 bn annual lending support to India
- World Bank, the multi-lateral funding agency, has declared to continue providing a $6 billion.
- The annual lending target for India to support infrastructure development and alleviate poverty.
- The announcement was made by David Malpass.
- Around 97 projects are being currently executed in India.
- For the 97 projects, it has provided $24 billion.
From 31 October to 13 November Exercise Shakti to be held
- Exercise Shakti-2019, a bilateral exercise between the Indian Army and the French Army.
- It is to be held at the Foreign Training Node.
- In Rajasthan from 31 October to 13 November, it will be held.
Rajnath Singh to represent India at SCO heads of state meeting
- Rajnath Singh will represent India at the SCO heads of state meeting.
- It is to be held in Uzbekistan on 2 November.
- From 1-3 November Mr. Singh is to embark on a three-day visit to Uzbekistan.
- He will also hold a meeting with Uzbekistan’s defense minister.
29th October 2019 Current Affairs in pdf: Download
29th October 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here