1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) expects the country’s economic growth rate to grow at 7.4 per cent in the current financial year.
2. The Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) will outsource the production of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) and Small Satellite Launch Vehicles (SSLV) to private Industries.
3. Google has launched a platform ‘Navlekha’, for Indian language publishers to digitise their content, at the annual Google for India event held in New Delhi
4. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for the umbrella scheme “Ocean Services, Technology, Observations, Resources Modelling and Science (O-SMART)”.
5. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India have signed a $375 million loan agreement to contribute to double farming incomes in Madhya Pradesh by expanding irrigation networks and system efficiency.
6. The central government has constituted a new 21-member advisory panel on science, technology, and innovation under the chairmanship of Principal Scientific Advisor, K VijayRaghavan, that will also coordinate the implementation of programmes through various bodies.
7. Arpinder Singh became the first Indian in 48 years to win gold in men’s triple jump at the Asian Games.
8. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj inaugurated a ‘Jaipur Foot’ camp in Hanoi.
9. Swapna Barman clinched gold in the women’s heptathlon at the 18th Asian Games. She become the first Indian heptathlete to win an Asian Games gold.