Cabinet approved the launch of international CDRI
- In Delhi Prime Minister approved the international Coalition for CDRI.
- In New York, the CDRI is expected to be launched at the UN Climate Action Summit.
- The event is organized by the UN Secretary-General.
- It will bring together the largest Heads of States.
Indian Navy signs MoU with IMD
- At naval Base in Kochi, Kerala Indian Navy signed an MoU with IMD.
- The MoU aims to handle the CDR building by IMD to the IN.
- The MoU was signed by the flag officer RJ Nadkarni, SNC, VSM, AVSM, and Dr. D Pradhan.
- The CDR building was constructed during 1983–86.
- The ability to operate buildings by IMD.
In 10 years Indian railways to go 100 percent electrified
- In the next 10 years Centre plans to achieve 100% electrification of railways.
- The announcement was made by the Union Minister.
- On 28-29 August 2019, it was held at the CII’s 14th Sustainability Summit in New Delhi.
- The aim of the move is a part of the efforts to curb carbon footprints.
- It was nearly 1,20,000 km of track.
- It will be 100% electrified.
Campaign Angikaar and e-Course on Vulnerability Atlas Launched
- Hardeep Puri has launched a campaign ‘Angikaar’ for change management.
- According to the vision of PM Narendra Modi, the campaign has been launched.
- The objective of Angikaar is to bring social behavior change.
Cabinet approved Sugar export policy to sugar mills
- CCEA approved to provide Rs.10,448 per MT.
- It as an export subsidy to sugar mills for the sugar season 2019-20.
- The entire estimated expenditure of Rs.6,268 crore.
- It will be utilized for the export subsidy.
- It exports of up to 60lakh metric ton (LMT) of sugar.
- It is allotted to sugar mills for the sugar season 2019-20.
30th August 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here