1. Union shipping minister Nitin Gadkari and Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan would lay the foundation for India’s largest dry dock for the construction, repair and maintenance of ships at the Cochin Shipyard.
2. Justice Naresh Harishchandra Patil was sworn in as the Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court.
3. Justice Vijai Kumar Bist was sworn in as the Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court.
4. HDFC Bank announced that, RBI had approved the re-appointment of Aditya Puri as managing director of the bank for another two years.
5. Odisha chief minister Naveen Patnaik launched the early warning dissemination system (EWDS) and the mass message system, with an aim to provide early and timely information on natural calamities to the people of the state.
6. The 5th National Summit on Good and Replicable Practices and Innovations in Public Health Care Systems in India began at Kaziranga in Assam.
7. India is Asia’s most investment savvy economy and more than two-thirds of the country’s affluent class prefer to use various investment products to achieve their financial goals and greater social mobility, according to a new Standard Chartered study.
8. India and Japan entered into a $75-billion currency swap arrangement that will bolster the country’s firepower as it battles a steep drop in the rupee’s value.
9. A joint oceanography research mission developed by Chinese and French scientists launched from the Jiuquan space center in remote northwestern China.
10. Eminent novelist, short story writer and former Chairman, Department of Urdu,
Aligarh Muslim University, Professor Qazi Abdus Sattar has passed away.
11. India’s first container vessel movement on the river Ganga (National Waterways-I) began, with the Inland Waterways Authority of India transporting container cargo belonging to the food and beverages giant PepsiCo (India) from Kolkata to Varanasi.