1. ICAR organized a two-day conference on Motivating & Attracting Youth in Agriculture (MAYA) in New Delhi.
2. The railways signed a MoU with state gas utility GAIL to create infrastructure for supplying natural gas to the transporter’s workshops, production units, depots and residential colonies.
3. To promote a culture of innovation and research in higher education, the Union government has introduced Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA), Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar announced.
4. India has signed a $346 million loan agreement with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to finance improvement of over 400 km of state highways that will enhance connectivity and access to economic centers across 12 districts in Karnataka.
5. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a finance package of $245 million to provide safe and sustainable drinking water to West Bengal.
6. The World Bank has approved in principle a financial assistance of Rs.929.89 crore for a water supply and sewerage project for Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
7. Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) made public 13 standardized state-of-the-art ship designs suitable for large barge haulage on river Ganga (National Waterway-1).
8. National Mission on Government e Marketplace (GeM) will be launched on 5th September 2018 to accelerate the adoption and use of GeM by major central Ministries, State Governments, and their agencies.
9. Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation Suresh Prabhu is leading the Indian delegation for the 6th RCEP Trade Ministers’ Meeting which begins in Singapore.
10. Indian Naval Ship Sahyadri entered the Port of Darwin, Australia to participate in Exercise KAKADU 2018.
11. India’s 4x400m women’s relay team clinched its fifth consecutive gold medal in the Asian Games 2018.
12. India’s Jinson Johnson claimed the gold medal in the men’s 1500m event in the Asian Games 2018 in Jakarta.