1. India is observed Rashtriya Ekta Diwas, also known as National Unity Day on 31st October.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the Statue of Unity, the world’s tallest statue at 182 metres -built in honour of freedom fighter and India’s first Home Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
3. The Kingdom of Netherlands will be the Partner Country 25th DST – CII Technology Summit to be organized in 2019.
4. The Republic of Seychelles has launched the world’s first sovereign blue bond, a financial instrument designed to support sustainable marine and fisheries projects.
5. Nobel Prize Winner Malala Yousafzai will be honoured by Harvard University for her work promoting girls’ education. Harvard’s Kennedy School announced that Yousafzai will be conferred with the 2018 Gleitsman Award at a ceremony on 6th December.
6. Anupam Kher has resigned from the post of Chairman of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) citing international film and TV assignments.
7. The 19th meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) was held in New Delhi.
8. The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) has acquired IDFC Infrastructure Finance (IDFC-IFL), an infrastructure debt fund.
9. Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu embarked on a three-nation visit to Botswana, Zimbabwe and Malawi.